Friday, May 2, 2014

Gonna wash that gray right outta...?

Two weeks ago, I purchased a box of hair dye with the idea of sprucing up my do for the spring. I am proud to say that for two years now, I have not used chemical dyes or relaxers at all. It took some getting use to, but now I'm proud of my natural hair. ☺ But the color is quite bland and I'm ready for a little oomph. So I stopped at my local Walgreen's, picked out a basic pretty brown and planned to slap that sucker in before the weekend was over.

Two weeks later...

It still sits on my kitchen shelf. The box has fallen sadly to it's side, forgotten.

This morning as I brushed my hair back and applied one of my favorite headbands, I asked myself "why? And be honest!" Here's what I revealed to myself.

I want to dye my hair, but I will be truly sad to cover up my gray hair. I started getting them when I was 35 and I've always been proud of them and always seeking them out. It took a lot of work then, now it's a little easier. I shoe them to people still who look at me silly saying they barely see it. I think they're just being nice, because they don't realize I'm proud of them. They are, to me, a well earned crown of wisdom, growth and womanhood. I feel proud when I catch a glance of silver.

Now that I'm aware of how I'm feeling, I'm ready to dye my hair knowing that not only will they be there when it grows out but probably a few more! ��

Before and after pictures to come.

Many blessings
Anna ��

1 comment:

Unknown said...

To be very frank with you, I must tell you that after reading your blog I feel amazed and it was quite fascinating the way you portrait your blog, which shows the dedication towards your work and also inspires others to do a brilliant job.
Street Style